A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned

Thank goodness I still have my vcr- I had to watch tonights movie on vhs. I picked up a graymarket copy of Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned at convention a few years ago, now someone's offering what's probably an even more graymarket dvd.

It's a Japanese animated version of Marvel Comics' The Tomb of Dracula. Which, as content for a cartoon, it pretty heavy. And the animation isn't bad, considering its from 1980.

Of course, I'm making the standard mistake of assuming cartoons are for kids, which not all Japanese cartoons are.

What are for kids however, are those book and records that were popular during the seventies. I don't understand the idea behind it but there was actually a Tomb of Dracula book and record set.

I still have a hard time reconciling "It's fun to read as you hear!" with "...Too late to stop this wooden stake from plunging into your heart!!".

No comments:

Post a Comment