A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Friday, January 14, 2011

Suck


I have to admit, when I saw the title of Suck on netflix, I thought "oh good- I can be snarky with my post."
Except I can't.
Suck was pretty good.
It's a rock and roll vampire comedy about The Winners, a bar band looking for their big break. After a gig in Montreal, bassist Jennifer gets turned into a vampire.
This turns into a plus- she becomes the band's main attraction.
Thankfully, she's got a roadie, French Canadian Hugo, played by Chris Ratz, as her personal Renfield, who's got what it takes to dismember the corpses of her dinners: a hacksaw.
As the band gets more attention, her bandmates decide to change as well, all of this drawing the attention of vampire killer Eddie Van Helsing, played by Malcom McDowell.
It's a fun movie, written and directed, as well as starring as the lead singer of the Winners, by Rob Stefaniuk.
The music is pretty good and the guest stars give Suck a little street cred- Henry Rollins, Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Moby and Rush's Alex Lifeson.
Who doesn't love Iggy and Alice?

No comments:

Post a Comment