A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Vampire's Niece


Well, I've been burnt two nights in a row on films that we either tagged as vampire films or looked like they might be (something called Legion of the Dead and another crapfest called Blood Gnomes). It's getting harder to watch vampire movies on demand from netflix- of the 75 films tagged vampire, I've got 23 of them left, with titles like Bloodsucking Babes from Burbank and Beverly Hills Vamp, so I haven't quite hit the bottom of the streaming barrel, I can see it's there.

I played it safe tonight, choosing a movie with the word vampire in the title- at least the version I saw had it. The Vampire's Niece aka The Fangs of the Living Dead aka Malenka.
Italian production, filmed in Spain, starring Anita Ekberg as an heiress to a title in a family of vampires. Her faincee' comes to rescue her from her uncle's cold clutches.

It's not La Dolce Vita, but still entertaining.

(image snagged from Mondo Euro)

No comments:

Post a Comment