A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dracula's Widow

Tonight's movie was Dracula's Widow.
Now, I'm just pretty much working my way through netflix on demand.
It's directed by Christopher Coppola, and I figured that last name was pretty much what got this thing green-lit.

Lenny Von Dohlen plays Raymond, a creepy fellow who owns a wax museum- and lives above it. He's preparing a Dracula exhibit and is importing antiques from Romania as props. With his five boxes of stuff comes a sixth- carrying Vanessa, played by Sylvia Kristel- famous from the softcore Emmanuelle films.
I'm sure she brought something to the table in those considering the cult following they've developed, but I'm not seeing much in the acting skills department.

The most fun I had while watching this was trying to get some idea of what the filming location of Wilmington, North Carolina looks like in real life. We nearly went there once but the drive down Route 17 was killing us- miles and miles of nothing; we detoured westward to Raleigh and sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment