A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shock!

If I hadn't done this blog- the watching 365 vampire movies this year- I would have done another project that I'd been toying with- viewing all the movies in the Shock Theater and Son of Shock syndication packages.
These were the classic Universal Horror films collected for television, where many horror fans were first introduced to the movies and stars like Lugosi, Karloff and Chaney, creating enough interest in the genre that Forrest J Ackerman was able to start up his magazine Famous Monsters of Filmland.
Fifty-two movies in the initial package, twenty more in Son of Shock. Seventy-two films, not all readily available but I'm sure findable by the end of the year.
But there's no need for me to do it- aside from "it's there!"- since someone is already doing it here.
Now I've got another blog archive to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment