A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

From Dusk to Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money

I'm finding myself on a bit of a Miramax/Dimension kick
lately, since they churned out a lot of stuff the went direct to video, it's like a B-movie bonanza.
Then they went bankrupt. It's one of those odd things, after several Academy Award winning movies, how could a studio like that go under?
Movies like From Dusk to Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money, perhaps?
I'm just a fan, I don't know too much about the movie industry- just enough to be a little dangerous-but I have to question the wisdom of filming a movie set in Mexico in South Africa. I mean, really?
So- the movie. It's not as much as sequel to From Dusk to Dawn as it's just a Vampire movie set in Mexico with criminals as the protagonists. This time, they're robbing a bank- if there weren't vampires, this would be a caper movie. But as it is, a quintet of gringos going to rob a bank funded by narco-barons, throw in vampires, it's a blood bath.
Literally, at one point.
The director is a pal of Quentin Tarantino, and it comes through in some of the over indulgent camera pov work- the hood of a car and an oscillating fan are just two examples.

After Perfect Creature, I'm a little jaded- I didn't enjoy this as much as I might have had I been watching lesser movies. I'll still watch the third From Dusk... installment, though, just to complete the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment