A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Fearless Vampire Killers

I'm not sure why I haven't seen The Fearless Vampire Killers before now. I'm sure that if I had, I might have enjoyed it, but now...there's always something weird about watching someone in a movie when you know the actor or actress is dead, but when you see Sharon Tate in this movie, knowing her ultimate fate as a victim of Charles Manson's followers, or knowing that director Roman Polanski would later be involved in a statutory rape incident... it's like this weird Greek tragedy vibe going one.

That said, TFVK is like some kind of ... parody is too harsh a word, evoking a sense of the vulgar sort of productions of today like Scary Movie, it's more like a light hearted appreciation of Hammer Studios' Dracula films.

Though I'm being a real nerd about the fact that my favorite thing about the whole movie is the Frank Frazetta poster- I love his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment