A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vampire Wars

I'm behind a couple of posts, so I'm going to take my movies when I can, and try to do a couple of double features.
Tonight's first movie was the short (50 minutes) Japanese OAV (Original Animated Video) Vampire Wars.
Fifteen minutes in it's like some kind of... Jason Bourne thing- the head of French intelligence hires an ex-KGB agent to take out a CIA director. And somehow there's vampires.

There's sex. And violence. And profanity. But twenty minutes in- forty percent through the movie- no vampires.
(Wait, thinking back there was one early on but not obviously a vampire)... and now, one's showed up and he's a goober.

Half way through, I've paused it five or six times- it's not holding my attention; I will finish it though.

I know this is based on a series of novels, but it's crap. The animation is mediocre and the voice acting is annoying- that's mostly a function of the wooden script, I guess, and that's probably a function of the translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment