A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Friday, December 10, 2010

Yesterday, we had a flat tire.

Today, I had to get it fixed at Walmart.

I had a little time to kill while they were doing it, so I wandered around the video section thinking about movies I'll be watching and I had a terrifying realization: I was going to have to watch at least one of the Twilight movies.

I tried to read the first one- I used to work at a bookstore (eighteen years as a bookseller), so I felt I should be familiar with the series. Ugh.

I suppose if you're a teenage girl, there's an appeal. But I was hoping for a teenage vampire story, not some angsty romance. Maybe I should have read further. Maybe the movies have something for me- I know I'll be watching one of them because of a connection to another movie- something I'll discuss when I watch the movie.

Post Script:
There was some discussion among my facebook friends about Poppy Z Brite's Lost Souls, now out as an audio book, and how that was a teenage vampire story. I agree.
I'd love to see the reactions of Twilight fans after reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment