A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Double Feature: Vampitheatre and Vampegeddon

Ok, so I have a new rule: no movies with portmanteau words in their title, like Vampegddon or Vampitheatre. These are bad, bad movies and to be avoided. I've taken the bullet for you, don't make my sacrifice be in vain.

Vampegeddon is about a goth girl who, in an attempt to do something to get out of her small town calls up the spirit of a vampire. The vampire looks like Uncle Fester and was killed by an Englishman in the Old West. Honestly, the Old West portion of the movie was like a LARP gone wrong.
How bad is it? It's so bad that someone who worked on it says "don't buy". Really- right here (actually, the behind the scenes essay is better than the movie, and much, much shorter.)



Vampitheatre is about a goth bad that's ACTUALLY vampires. It's not a bad premise but the acting kills it. Well, that and the sets and costumes and ... I suppose if I was still wearing too much black and smoking cloves, I'd find this... amusing. As it was, it was merely tedious.

The one two positive things I could say about watching these movies are: 1) that's two out of the way toward the total, and 2) after watching Nadja, I'd be a harsher critic with good movies, this way I'm directing my venom toward movies that really deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. Hulu Plus has Goke Body Snatcher from Hell and Kuroneko (also coming out on region 1 DVD in October through Criterion). If you haven't seen them, both are superior vamp movies.

    ReplyDelete