A look at horror movies by someone who has too much time on his hands...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Graveyard Shift

Yes, I know the picture says "Central Park Drifter", but my vhs tape box say Graveyard Shift. It's one of those movies that has more than one title.

That should have given me a clue as to what to expect.

So. In the first twenty minutes, we get some vampire sex, some music video fishnet stocking sex, and a stripper.

It's from 1987 and it's filmed on video tape and both factors haven't held up well.

The premise is pretty good: Stephen is a vampire who drives a cab in Toronto New York City, preying on those who are lonely or despondent. Of course, this means he's also making more vampires and one of them's a killer.

I dug this out of the vhs stack when I couldn't get the Wii to work. If I recall correctly, the last time I watched this was pre-1998. I had to re-wind it tonight to watch it, which means I didn't re-wind after watching it before- I just wanted to hit the eject button, put the tape in the box and forget about it. It's like a really long, really bad episode of The Hitch-hiker.

No comments:

Post a Comment